For a few years, the online multiplayer battle royale video game Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds has been a very popular game. PUBG has its flaws and errors. Many players have started to report that PUBG crashes frequently. Many players get thrown back to their desktop when they see an error.
You don’t have to suffer from the PUBG crashes on PC issue. Just follow the simple steps below. You don’t have to try all of them. Just work your way down the list until the solution that works for you.
Why PUBG keeps crashing?
There are many factors that could cause PUBG to crash. The most common causes include corrupted program files and outdated graphics driver cards.
How can I fix PUBG crashes on my PC?
Fix 1. Install the latest patch
Bluehole, the developer of PUBG, regularly releases patches that improve PUBG or fix problems. These patches can be downloaded and installed to keep your game current. This will fix any bugs that cause crashes in your game.
2. Update your device drivers
PUBG keeps crashing on PCs with corrupted or outdated graphics drivers. You can improve your gaming performance by updating the graphics card driver. This will fix offline crashes on startup and while you are playing the game.
You have two options to update your system’s card cards: Manual and Automatic.
Manual method: Visit the site to search for compatible drivers. Once you have found them, download them onto your computer. There are risks that you could install the wrong drivers if you don’t possess the necessary skills.
Based on our experience with driver updates and testing several, we recommend that you use Driver Easy to update your computer automatically. This tool will scan your computer for outdated drivers and then update it immediately.
Repair 3. Fix 3.
High graphics settings in PUBG can sometimes cause problems if your hardware isn’t up to the mark. This can cause hardware to stop running properly and may cause your game to crash. Check your settings in PUBG to see if you can lower the graphics.
Two settings may be required, in particular
- Disable VSync.
- Try playing your game windowed.
4. Force Run the Game in DirectX 11.
You can also force DirectX to be used in the game. This is how to apply the fix:
- Launch the Steam client first > Go to LIBRARY.
- Locate and right click on the PUBG video.
- Click on Property > Select General from left pane menu > Enter –dx11 in the Launch Option.
Simply go back to the game and launch it. Click on the radio button beside the Play option in PUBG if you are prompted.
Fix 5. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime from your computer. This will fix many gaming errors or issues. This is how it works:
- To open the Start Menu, press the Windows keyboard key.
- Enter Apps and Features in the search box. Click on it to open the search results.
- Locate the Microsoft Visual C++ programs in the list.
- Click on Uninstall for each program.
- Visit the Microsoft official website to download the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
6. Stop overclocking your GPU
Perhaps you have tried GPU overclocking to increase your game’s performance. This can cause instability in your game. You can lower the GPU’s default setting to stop your game from crashing. This will prevent your game from crash.
7. Fix 7.
Crashing can also be caused by corrupted or missing game files. To ensure that the game runs smoothly without crashing, you will need to inspect the game files.
- Launch Steam> Please click on Library
- Right click to open PUBG in the list of games installed.
- Click on Property> Now go to Local files
- Click on Verify Integrity Game Files.
- You will have to wait until the process is complete.
- After you have completed the above, restart your computer to confirm that the PUBG Crashing problem has been resolved.
FIX PUBG Battlegrounds Crashing Freezing & Errors On PC
PUBG, also known as Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, is a game that has taken the gaming world by storm. It is a last-man-standing shooter game that has players fighting to be the last one alive. The game can be played on PC, Xbox One, and Android devices. However, there have been many complaints about the game crashing, freezing, and having errors on PC.
Many users have taken to social media and online forums to express their frustration with the game. Some have even said that they have uninstalled the game because of these issues. PUBG Corp., the company that created the game, has not released an official statement about the problems.
However, some players have found workarounds for the problems.